Volunteer At The School
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about making a positive impact upon the lives of others. This is an amazing opportunity for you to experience the wonders of the tea estates – their beauty, the amazing smiles and generosity of the communities, as well as developing your own skills and expertise. From first-time volunteers looking for a life less ordinary, to serial offenders looking to develop a specific skillset, if you are committed and positive, with a big smile… you are definitely in demand!
Worried that our volunteer programme will cost an arm and a leg? Don’t!
We pride ourselves on offering a “no-fee” volunteer programme. Instead of a fee, our volunteers participate in a sponsored tea pick, a unique experience that will deepen your understanding of everyday life on the tea estates.
Worried you won’t have the right skills? Don’t!
Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds. Obviously, we love teachers, but we also love students, people taking a career break, retirees and, well, just committed people in general! Regardless of your profession we fully appreciate the unique skills that you bring to our school.
Each volunteer placement is unique to ensure the best fit for both you and the school. This is a perfect chance to use your skills, experience and time in a way that’s different and memorable.
Often our volunteers:
- Assist teachers in the classroom with English language learning
- Offer English language lessons to our wonderful local staff team
- Provide conversational English support to small groups or individuals
- Attend Community English Programme sessions and chat with local children to help them improve their English and their confidence (May onward)
- Go out with students on the Tea Leaf Vision Library bus to local schools
- They might mentor a group at our Business Fair to ensure they make the most/learn as much as possible from the opportunity (August)
- Others mentor groups for our annual Talent Show (April)
- Get involved with community projects
- Run team-building activities
- Help build our staff team in specific areas such as HR or IT
Most volunteers come for three weeks or more (up to six months) but we do have shorter volunteer experiences. As our volunteer program is small, volunteering with us provides a great opportunity for you to be immersed in Sri Lankan culture.
We would love to have a chat with you to talk about the possibilities and “custom make” an experience for you! Hit the contact button to drop us a message and we will be in touch with you!
Share this Post